Tuesday 24 April 2012

9 months... round 2!

9  months today and Penelope still has yet to cut a tooth. My nipples are thankful. She's healthy, funny, and... she's moving. Development is a pretty intriguing thing to watch. Our babes develop rapidly while we're pregnant, I don't know why I thought 9 months would be any different outside the womb. Damn that girl is quick.

The once adorable, reaching out to squeeze my finger has transformed into grabbing anything she can manage to grasp in her tiny little hand and putting it in her mouth. The small chores I was actually able to accomplish around the house during her discovery of mobility haven fallen victim to Penelope's new favorite game: take everything out of the laundry basket/toy box/diaper bag. Some days it's cute. Some days when the back isn't up for bending over to repeat the chore for the 7th time, it's such a pain in my ass that I just leave everything strewn over the kitchen/hallway/living room. My house looks like I've turned into a hoarder, only the cupboards and closets are bare. 

She has managed to pull herself to standing all on her own, and even though she's not "crawling" per say, she is getting around pretty quickly on her bum and with her repeated reach and sits. I'm desperately trying to figure out how to keep cables from being chewed on and how to sweep every day so she wont repeat the stray toe nail incident. *gag

She is so alert and attentive now, I catch myself swearing and instantly get this gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach that tells me her first word will be "boob" and her first sentence will be "you're so fucking cute!" I'm trying to remember to tell her she's funny and smart and clever too. Who knows what is getting in at this stage. I am tempted to teach her early on to answer "no I'm not sleeping through the night... dick", to the assholes who ask. And speaking of words, she's saying mama, and mum-mum -- although I'm not sure that she hasn't associated food with the word rather than me. We get dadas, papas, and ngnews ngnews a lot too (I think she's try to say Enya).

It's been the most magical 9 months, and I'm riding the craziest roller coaster I've ever been on. Some days it's scary (those are the ones with sleep dep) some days it's blissful. Some days are full of laughter and some with tears. But every one of those days is full of love. 

"Love is just a word, until someone comes along and gives it meaning." ~ Paulo Coelho

Happy 9 months my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram